Group Sustainability Manager
Construction and demolition waste generation has been identified as one of the major issues in the construction industry due to its direct impacts on the environment. Join us as we explore;
- Developing strategies to increase recovery rates of recyclable materials
- Discussing the new Construction and Demolition Waste Standard and what it will mean for the future treatment of construction waste moving forward.
Around the world governments are counting on a quick transition to electric mobility to decrease CO2 emissions. They recognise that this is dependent upon a sustainable supply of EV battery minerals and a circular economy to ensure maximum use and reuse of battery materials. The 'Battery Regulation', recently proposed by the The European Commission, is currently the most sweeping regulation to accomplish this.
Join Lauren Roman, Everledger's Business Development Director, Metals & Minerals Ecosystem as she discusses the regulation, what the sweeping changes mean for industry and demonstrates the The Battery Passport.
- Issues and limitations of conventional public waste facility designs
- Key considerations in the design of advanced public waste facilities
- The importance of vision and a collaborative design approach
- Case study – Re Use Goulburn
Senior Environmental Scientist
Team Leader Project Management
- How important is AI as an essential tool in developing a useful waste management strategy?
- What is the interrelationship between your human workforce and the role AI will play in streamlining processes and enhance employee value?
- How can Australian organisations translate national and international examples of AI applications in the waste industry into their own operations?
Director Responsible Business – Oceania
The University of Sydney
Dr Britta Denise Hardesty
Principal Research Scientist
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere
Dr. David Soldani
Chief Technology Officer
- Examining the World’s Biggest Garage Sale (WBGS) and Officeworks innovative partnership and the role it has played in launching Australia’s first Circular Economy Precinct, while assisting Officeworks to become a zero-waste business.
- Outlining the ground-breaking impact and growth this partnership has enabled in creating job opportunities for marginalised and vulnerable Australians, while diverting potential waste from landfill, and powering the transition towards a circular economy.
- Highlighting how this has paved the way for more partnerships to create a new circular ecosystem supply-chain and unlocking new forms of value in resource recovery.
Chief Executive Officer & C0-Founder
World’s Biggest Garage Sale
- Outlining fashion waste opportunities and the impacts on society, landfill and future materials
- Looking into how clean technologies and advanced manufacturing redefined waste and created reusable commodities
- Examining the role blockchain and smart contracts play in validating recycled materialsDecreasing cost and workflow challenges on site through the continuous removal of waste products
Choose 2 x 30 minutes roundtables from:
1. Improving existing waste and resource recovery strategies
Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
Clean Up Australia
2. What are the opportunities and barriers to ensuring all waste, electrical, and electronic equipment in Australia is effectively recycled at the end of its useful life?
Manager – Sustainability
3. Changing mindsets by turning waste into a resource: Discussing product stewardship and recycling
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
ACTA – Australasian Circular Textile Association
4. What are the most significant challenges preventing increased adoption of the circular economy?
Strategy Manager – Resource Recovery and Circular Economy
5. Unwrapping the 2025 nation-wide ban on “problematic and unnecessary” plastics
Plastic Oceans Australasia
- Examining the importance of community engagement when operating a research and manufacturing plant
- Developing a clear understanding of the range of capabilities deployed when managing water treatment and chemical management
- Implementing best practice strategies into your own waste management supply chain
General Mangaer – Waste Services
- Examining what businesses can do to manage and reduce waste to increase environmental sustainability
- Understanding the behavioural patterns that can lead to clutter filling your office and the effects it can have on employee productivity
- Rethinking business consumption to reduce waste creation and decrease our carbon footprint
The Eco Organiser
Stuff Off & Ethically Declutter Your Home in 30 Days
- Uncovering regional priorities and the real cost of litter to communities.
- Best practice litter reduction approaches that work in any setting from parks, town centres and even roadside.
- Communication strategies for delivering regional messages to multiple audiences.
- Partnerships as pathways to enforcement success.