Group Sustainability Manager
- Examining the background of the 20-Year Waste Strategy for NSW
- Outlining the aims of the policy and the expected impacts on waste management strategy for the local community
- Discussing the first impressions from draft submissions and public feedback
The Hon. Matt Kean MP
Minister for Energy and Environment
NSW Government (Invited)
Head of Corporate Affairs
- How important is AI as an essential tool in developing a useful waste management strategy?
- What is the interrelationship between your human workforce and the role AI will play in streamlining processes and enhance employee value?
- How can Australian organisations translate national and international examples of AI applications in the waste industry into their own operations?
Director Responsible Business – Oceania
The University of Sydney
Dr Britta Denise Hardesty
Principal Research Scientist
CSIRO Oceans and Atmosphere
Scientia Professor, SMaRT Centre
Dr. David Soldani
Adj. Professor, UNSW
CTSO Huawei (ASIA Pacific Region)
- Unlocking the key benefits blockchain could deliver to the Australian waste management industry
- Understanding how implementing a blockchain-based waste management platform could make a real difference to how Australians dispose of their waste products
- Determining the usefulness of blockchain technology beyond keeping recyclables out of landfill
Founder & Managing Director
- Outlining fashion waste opportunities and the impacts on society, landfill and future materials
- Looking into how clean technologies and advanced manufacturing redefined waste and created reusable commodities
- Examining the role blockchain and smart contracts play in validating recycled materialsDecreasing cost and workflow challenges on site through the continuous removal of waste products
Join our interactive roundtables for a deep dive into the topic that means the most to you.
Choose 2 x 30 minutes roundtables from:
1. Improving existing waste and resource recovery strategies
Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
Clean Up Australia
2. What are the opportunities and barriers to ensuring all waste, electrical, and electronic equipment in Australia is effectively recycled at the end of its useful life?
Manager – Sustainability
3. Developing a hazardous waste management and disposal plan
Group Executive – Nuclear Precinct
4. Changing mindsets by turning waste into a resource: Discussing product stewardship and recycling
Founder and Chief Executive Officer
ACTA – Australasian Circular Textile Association
5. What are the most significant challenges preventing increased adoption of the circular economy?
Strategy Manager – Resource Recovery and Circular Economy
- Examining the importance of community engagement when operating a research and manufacturing plant
- Developing a clear understanding of the range of capabilities deployed when managing water treatment and chemical management
- Implementing best practice strategies into your own waste management supply chain
Group Executive – Nuclear Precinct
- Examining what businesses can do to manage and reduce waste to increase environmental sustainability
- Understanding the behavioural patterns that can lead to clutter filling your office and the effects it can have on employee productivity
- Rethinking business consumption to reduce waste creation and decrease our carbon footprint
The Eco Organiser
Stuff Off & Ethically Declutter Your Home in 30 Days
- Uncovering regional priorities and the real cost of litter to communities.
- Best practice litter reduction approaches that work in any setting from parks, town centres and even roadside.
- Communication strategies for delivering regional messages to multiple audiences.
- Partnerships as pathways to enforcement success.
Regional Waste Coordinator
Western Sydney Regional Organisation of Councils (WSROC)
Our closing, high level panel will round up your learnings, takeaways and inspiration with a discussion on what to do today, for tomorrow..
Panellists to be announced.